Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. We have over 450 agents and 1200 employees who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner’s insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
We’re looking for flexible and creative IT professionals, who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. We offer great opportunities to grow and gain new skills and responsibilities. In addition we provide a cool open work-space, solid work-life balance and great benefits.
We have a need for an experienced Java Developer. Someone that's self driven but team oriented open to collaborative environments will fit great here. Able to take things and run with them to complete is key here.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about coding and writing clean code.
- Very detail oriented especially when it comes to testing their own code
- Experienced maintaining an advanced level of development standards and methodology
- Provides guidance to other project teams. Mentors and coaches junior developers
- Keeps up to date with industry best practices and trends.
What we would like from you:
- Attention to detail in defining clear and consistent APIs to access these services
- Willingness to learn new languages and techniques to solve challenging problems
- Collaborative software development ethic: both offering and acting on feedback
- Excellent software development skills with Java
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts and patterns
- Strong understanding of relational databases and the ability to interpret and create
sophisticated SQL queries
What you need to have:
- 1-2 years of Apache Camel and ActiveMQ experience
- Several years of Angular 2 or 4
- Experience working and applying enterprise integration pattern
- Continue Integration experience using Jenkins
- API design/development
- 3 years of Java Development
- Experience in: System Architecture, Java development, Design Patterns, OO Design