We are looking for an Underwriter to evaluate insurance for acceptability and appropriate pricing.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Evaluate risks according to underwriting guidelines and experience and recommend risk improvement and/or loss control measures to achieve the appropriate rate for the risk.
- Work with a variety of internal and external partners to ensure prompt and efficient service to our customers and participates in ongoing learning and technical development.
- Balance and continuously improve performance in underwriting, customer service and productivity to meet Company goals.
- Learn and demonstrate proper documentation of the final decision on applications to ensure policies are issued or declined accurately, while adhering to compliance regulations.
- Interact with agents and other customers to gather information, discuss cases or other underwriting information in a professional and effective manner that contributes to company profit and growth goals.
Requirements for Success:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years underwriting experience preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written correspondence and verbal communication.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to collaborate with underwriting team members and agents.