Technical Lead Developer
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance serves Hoosiers with nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
Our organization is evolving into new systems and processes. We need flexible and creative IT professionals, like you, who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. There is no shortage of opportunity to develop yourself and gain new skills and responsibility here. We offer a great place to work, solid work-life balance and great benefits.
If you’re a solid Java developer that’s functioned as a Technical Lead, please read further. We need an experienced full stack developer to build web portals that our vendors and customers can access . This position will work heavily with the business side and you'll touch every layer including mainframe on the backend. We're looking for someone who's comfortable thinking outside of the box and is not rattled by having to shift gears quickly. This person will be key in helping to align the claims business and technology sides together resulting in the enhancement of customer experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Solid experience doing Java, Angular and Bootstrap development
- Must have full stack development experience
- Prior background with Exceed, Open Source, Agile and test driven development
- Experienced with object oriented analysis and full cycle development
- High preference for insurance claims experience
- Mainframe experience is a plus