Sr Commercial Underwriter
When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a Sr. Commercial Underwriter who understands the small to midsize market and is capable of generating profitable growth. The successful candidate will handle submissions throughout the entire underwriting process. The underwriter reviews submissions for acceptability, determines appropriate pricing, and provides agents with the assistance needed to sell and service accounts. We expect independent thought while following sound underwriting principles reflective of company policy. As important as in-depth underwriting and product knowledge is the ability to develop effective relationships with Agents and peers.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Utilize analytical skills to evaluate risks based on the facts presented obtaining additional information when needed.
- Communicate clearly and concisely while building collaborative relationships.
- Document thought processes while completing all aspects of the underwriting process.
- Provide policy maintenance throughout the policy term.
- Review accounts for continued acceptability, making pricing and condition changes as needed.
- Assist Agency Field personnel and Field Specialists in writing and rating Commercial coverages, using in-depth knowledge of Commercial contracts, underwriting guidelines, and rating systems.
- Place reinsurance when appropriate and document action taken and reasoning behind decisions.
- Utilize the Point system to rate, issue and maintain commercial policies.
We can offer you:
- A leading Indiana based insurance company
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
Do you have:
• A BS/BA or equivalent preferred but not required.
• CPCU designation strongly preferred; or ongoing work toward CIC, CPCU, AU or other appropriate designation.
• 5-10 years of experience in underwriting all lines of Commercial insurance. Credit may be allowed for previous underwriting experience in lines other than Commercial.