Software Developer II
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices throughout 92 counties, we serve Indiana with nearly 450 agents and 1200 employees who live and work throughout the state.
As a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana, we continuously look for opportunities to enhance and grow our services. A significant piece of this focus is our technology organization which is around 200 people and growing. This group is made up of strong innovative and visionary people who have a common focus of enhancing our customer experience.
Today we’re adding new talent to our team. We need someone with solid Java development experience who wants to work alongside some creative skilled developers in a team environment. Indiana Farm Bureau has been very successful “growing our own” so if you love to learn and have passion around technology, apply below.
What you’ll be doing:
- Involved with building new functionality on existing systems
- Developing software in accordance to Company’s architecture, design and coding standards and processes
- Learning new technologies
- Working as part of a high performing team in an agile environment
What we require:
- Someone who is passionate about software development and interested in writing clean code and test driven development
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with designing moderately complex system features
- 3 yrs of experience with Java, Spring Framework, SQL, and interacting with relational databases
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- In addition to degree, 2-3 yrs of programming experience preferably in an agile environment
- Proven ability to design system features and functionality
- Must be able to work independently on various tasks
- Spring Framework
- Cloud based development