Senior Payables Specialist
Senior Payables Specialist
When most people search for a job, they are looking for an opportunity to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible. You will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities we’re involved in, you will know you’re making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a Senior Payables Specialist to assist with managing the accounts payable system and all activities related to disbursements. Activities include maintaining accuracy and efficiency of disbursements (checks, EFT, Wire); distribution of checks (and related remittance material), filing of invoices, general ledger entries, research and problem resolution. Assist A/P Manager with workflow design, vendor table management, 1099 preparation, credit card and fleet information reporting, system testing, and must be considered an expert with all A/P functions and policies.
We can offer you:
- A leading Indiana based insurance company
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
We are looking for someone that can:
- Coordinate and support daily payables operations, production output and monitors user areas, including departments requesting checks on-line.
- Provide ongoing cross-training and follow up on daily operations.
- Support daily transaction volume as needed. Process vendor invoices, employee expense reimbursement, check requests, research, and problem resolution. Generate daily reports and verify check output.
- Relay problems to the appropriate user departments and/or Problem Tracking in a timely manner.
- Create, update, and produce new and/or existing worksheets for managing and measuring output/results.
- Conduct bank activity/transactions as needed. (Transfers, ACH’s, wires, stop payments, upload files; recon downloads, research, etc.)
- Prepare general ledger entries and assists accounting team in resolving reconciling issues.
- Evaluate work activity and make recommendations for improvements. Develop workflow and execute change as needed.
- Assist the A/P Manager with 1099 preparation, vendor set up, direct deposit banking information, and maintaining automated repetitive payments.
- Support the A/P Manager as necessary.
Do you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Accounting experience? Including knowledge of accounting methods and general business practices, including cash management skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills and experience with other applications such as Word?
- The ability to work under pressure and meet regular reporting deadlines?
- Demonstrable practice maintaining a high level of confidentiality?