Retirement Plan Administrator
Responsible for administrative duties of the company’s retirement plans including a defined contribution plan, two frozen defined benefit plans, and three non-qualified deferred benefit plans.
Shares responsibility with other team members for responding to retirement plan inquiries from current employees and retirees.
Partners with vendors and internal teams for any administrative tasks or issue resolution.
Coordinates retirement events such as retirement receptions and annual luncheon with other team members.
Works with vendor to prepare reports for the quarterly administrative committee meeting and other reports or requests.
Collects employee questions and concerns and identifies recommendations for service or plan design changes.
Identifies areas for process improvement both internally and in coordination with vendors.
Minimum Knowledge and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with multiple and large retirement plans, pension experience strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of retirement plans and their regulatory environment
- Familiarity with HRIS systems and data files
- Effectively communicates with and manages vendors
- Leads projects with little direction
- Takes initiative to collaborate with peers and stakeholders to accomplish work activities and project goals
- Proficiency in data analysis
- An intermediate understanding of plan document language
- Ability to identify problems and solve using solid decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills with employees and senior management
- Demonstrates leadership in carrying out work activities
- Applies broad understanding of company culture and goals to work activities