Product & Market Specialist
When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives.
On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve. If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
As a Product and Market Specialist in the Life Division, you will perform complete analysis of all internal company data related to our customers, products, product mix, rate classes, profitability of products and insight into Life Company profitability results. You will develop life insurance market expertise including research in the areas of: life insurance products and features, customer buying preferences, multi-channel marketing opportunities such as digital and mobile marketing , and client demographic opportunities (mid-market, millennial, etc.) for all distribution models (captive, independent, and direct to consumer). A Product and Market Specialist also collaborates with actuary, underwriting and marketing to determine a product portfolio strategy for each distribution channel. You will also identify and ensure completion of requirements needed to implement product changes.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Perform full analysis of internal company data (current customers, mix of business being sold, plans, ages, genders, ratings, preferred %, decline rates, placement rates etc.).
- Work with actuary to gather data and analyze the existing block of business to gain insight into profitability including mortality, expenses and investments that may or may not be performing as expected.
- Identify competitive intelligence and perform market research including detailed analysis of information supporting product development initiatives for all distribution channels.
- Collaborate with actuary, underwriting and marketing to ensure the relevance and marketability of solutions, soliciting and incorporating meaningful input from distribution partners in the product development process.
- Offer creative product solutions to provide distribution with distinct competitive advantages and provides sales support to marketing on new product implementation for all distribution channels.
- Closely monitor the developments in the life insurance marketplace, financial landscape, and regulatory environment to incorporate into current and future product designs.
- Provide subject matter expertise on product design, pricing, and marketing concepts of products to department members and internal/external stakeholders.
- Develop schedules or project plans that clearly identify action steps and resource requirements for putting product portfolio changes into production. Serves as subject matter expert for IT, acting as a bridge between life, marketing and IT in the development stages.
We can offer you:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K, a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program.
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment.
Do you have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in business or related field of study.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the life insurance industry, with life insurance sales/marketing experience.
- Analytical skills to evaluate internal company data and present the data in a format that demonstrates accurate presentation of our current customers, products, and profitability.
- Extensive knowledge of the life insurance industry including product design/features, customer preferences, digital opportunities, and creative product/marketing solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with company personnel at all levels in a professional and productive manner.
- The resources to obtain and analyze multiple sources of internal and external data to complete a thorough competitive analysis. Demonstrated depth of product and industry knowledge to ascertain areas of competitive advantage.
- An effective presentation style in a variety of settings both internally and externally. Requires the ability to command attention, manage group processes and change tactics midstream when a given approach isn’t working.
- Must be a skilled negotiator in a variety of circumstances, making sure product changes are implemented effectively.
- Insurance designation required or pursuit of designation required if not already achieved.