PR Manager-Public Policy
We are looking for a Public Relations Manager to provide strategic communications counsel and support for Indiana Farm Bureau's public policy, advocacy and legislative initiatives.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Develop and implement an annual strategic communications plan, which may include, but is not limited to, media relations, social media, public relations, bylined columns and white papers.
- Increase the awareness of INFB's policy and legislative initiatives and activities with INFB members, elected officials and the public at large.
- Present creative communications ideas to raise the profile of INFB and its efforts on behalf of its members and the general public on a timely and ongoing basis.
- Maintain strong ties to Indianapolis political and government reporters to position INFB leaders as expert resources.
- Write and edit news releases, emails, newsletters and news stories in support of INFB legislative priorities.
- Communicate regularly with INFB county leaders to make them aware of major legislative and regulatory developments through current news advisories and speaking points.
- Ensure videos and photos of members and staff working on behalf of INFB are available through the INFB website and on its social media channels.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with legislative media staff and communications staff of state and federal elected officials with whom INFB interacts.
- Assist with INFB annual meeting and events.
Do you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs, Public Relations or Marketing?
- A minimum six years’ of experience in legislative or governmental communications? Background or knowledge of agriculture a plus, but not required.
- Excellent strategic planning and implementation skills?
- Thorough knowledge of public and media relations strategies and tactics?
- The ability to write and implement successful communications plans?
- The ability to work with Indianapolis and statewide media outlets?
- Working knowledge of public policy at the local, state, and federal levels?
- Working knowledge of photography and videography?
- An APR accreditation?
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- A collegial team focused environment.
- An organization that values work/life balance.
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K and a companywide incentive plan.
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment.