Personal Lines Underwriting Manager
We are looking for a Personal Lines Underwriting Manager to oversee and direct daily activities of the Personal Lines Underwriters including the acceptance, declination, and rating of risks.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Advise team members on complicated risks and make underwriting decisions on risks exceeding their authority.
- Maintain service level standards by ensuring staff are adequately trained and provide continuous professional development opportunities.
- Maintain open and effective lines of communication with team members, Agents, field staff, peers, and senior management.
- Be responsible for the selection and training of team members and for initiating employee actions such as salary adjustments, performance ratings, and promotions.
- Coordinate the unit's activities with other departments and groups.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and knowledge of Company and industry trends to maximize our overall performance and competitive position.
- Oversee a variety of team work measurements, reports, and quality assurance audits.
- Recommend goals and objectives; lead changes, monitor results and recommends corrective action as needed.
Do you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college?
- 5 years’ experience in P&C underwriting? Including strong knowledge of underwriting, coverage, pricing, and risk management.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills?
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and simultaneously work multiple projects and tasks?
- A CPCU designation or actively working on completion? Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment