Personal Lines Underwriter
We are looking for someone that can:
- Apply independent underwriting judgment and provide adequate justification for all underwriting decisions and documents files accordingly.
- Collaborate with Product Management on development of new products and programs contributing to the development, implementation, and monitoring of all underwriting rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Develop and strengthen agent relationships and communication. Must be able to analyze and provide feedback when necessary regarding quality of submissions.
- Stay current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends
Requirements for Success:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience?
- An IIA, API, AU, AIC, and CPCU designation, preferred but not required?
- Proficiency in the underwriting area that includes an understanding of the P&C insurance industry?
- Excellent computer and analytical skills?