We’re not just another insurance company. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, we build on our strength and character. We are committed to our local communities and offer many great opportunities for our employees to impact the community either on the job or through individual contributions. The experience of knowing you’ve made a difference is what we are about.
Currently we are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team. This role is vital to our organization as the primary function to ensure our employees receive correct compensation in a timely manner. We require excellent customer service skills coupled with solid attention to detail. In addition, professionalism and ability to deal with sensitive and confidential material is required to be successful in this position.
Some of the responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate processing and recording of company's payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Accurately calculate commissions, overtime, deductions, bonuses and more
- Develop data and various reports as needed by internal and external clients
- Provide support for payroll related projects
- Maintain all payroll records
- Monitor, audit and reconcile accounts
- Assist employees with pay sensitive questions or concerns
- Minimum high school diploma required, bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Will consider equivalent years of experience in place of degree
- 2 or more years of payroll or related experience.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience developing ad-hoc reports
- Working knowledge of payroll federal and state regulations.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentially.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage work to meet strict deadlines.