Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance serves Hoosiers with nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
Help us protect the infrastructure for the next generation at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. We need flexible and creative professionals who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. There is no shortage of opportunities to develop your career here at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance.
We are currently seeking an experienced Payment Specialist to conduct payment processing for multiple lines of business. This person must have experience with processing POS transactions and able to demonstrate solid experience with accounts receivable functions. Our environment is fast paced and requires the ability to multitask on multiple systems.
- Processing payments for multiple departments by administering payments from various channels such as checks and credit/debit cards.
- Monitoring, maintaining, balances and control company suspense account to ensure the accuracy of both internal and external financial reporting
- Investigating and providing resolution to discrepancies that occur to maintain integrity of the Payment Processing department’s data reports
- Self-starter that is also able to provide guidance and mentor team members.
- High level of attention to detail
- Minimum of a college degree in a related field (Accounting, Business or Finance) or a minimum of 4 years equivalent work experience in insurance, accounting, banking or a related field.
- Intermediate experience with Excel.
- Prior experience with ERP and web based systems. Mainframe is a plus.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of accounting concepts and practices gained through education or experience.