P&C Financial Accountant
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance serves Hoosiers with nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Financial Accountant. This position is part of our Property & Casualty Financial Reporting Group where you’ll be working with a seasoned team in a supportive, collaborative setting. We’re looking for a highly motivated person with keen attention to accuracy and detail.
- Performs various activities related to the financial reporting process including: assisting with month-end close activities, completing monthly reports, and preparing financial reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Manage and maintain fixed asset system for the insurance companies.
- Process unclaimed property filings for all companies.
- Responsible for the completion of monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepares various regulatory filings.
Minimum Knowledge and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting degree or equivalent. Substitute degree with significant work experience or industry related certification.
- Requires at least 1 year of accounting experience preferably with Insurance industry exposure.
- Requires pursuit of insurance industry knowledge, as well as familiarity with statutory accounting.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be a self-starter with strong attention to details.
- Ability to accurately and timely record financial transactions.
- Well versed and proficient with Microsoft Office Products.
- Develops knowledge of various reports filed with rating and statistical bureaus.
- CPA is helpful but not required.