Office Claims Representative
Office Claims Representative
When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a Claims Representative to be the first point of contact for insureds regarding auto claims. This individual will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and conclude all claims in a prompt and fair manner.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment
We are looking for someone that can:
- Monitor all assigned claims and keep them updated and properly reserved.
- Discuss potential serious losses with Claims personnel.
- Assist in taking losses when needed, and provide assistance to other claims personnel when needed.
- Prepare appraisals, appropriate to skill level, on selected claims.
- Secure and maintain proper file requirements and documents all transactions completed.
- Work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Provide fair, prompt and courteous claims service.
- Stay current and adhere to all laws pertaining to claims settlements.
- Complete all tasks on assigned claims in accordance with good faith claims handling and the P&C Claims Best Practices.
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent? College degree preferred but not required.
- Skills in attentive and active listening; patience to hear people out and the ability to restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees?
- Demonstrated multifaceted oral and written communication skills specific to creating and fostering a learning environment that focuses on customer service and its continuous improvement?
- Emotional maturity and demonstrated patience and understanding due to heavy customer contact; the need to remain calm and react quickly under pressure is essential.
- The ability to set own priorities; exercise initiative and judgment in making independent decisions within the scope of assigned authority; and substantiate these decisions.
- The ability to work the number of hours needed to complete job requirements?
- INS, AIC, and CPCU designations strongly recommended, but not required.