Mgr P&C Financial Reporting
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance serves Hoosiers with nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
Help us protect the infrastructure for the next generation at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. We need flexible and creative professionals who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. There is no shortage of opportunities to develop your career here at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance.
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Reporting Manager. The primary function of this position is preparing financial statements in accordance with statutory accounting principles for Indiana Farm Bureau's insurance companies. This role is also responsible for leading a team of accountants to meet corporate objectives.
We need someone that can do the following:
- Lead a team, providing direction, setting goals and ensuring overall department and company goals are attained
- Manages, leads, counsels and mentors team members through formal and informal training and appropriate coaching/feedback on job performance
- Drive improvements in the closing and reconciliation process and the overall quality of the balance sheet account reconciliations
- Build an effective team that collaborates across all departments within the organization
- Establishes effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the organization
- Reviews the quarterly and annual statutory financial statements. This includes the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and various investment, insurance, and reinsurance exhibits and schedules
- Research accounting issues and assist in the implementation of new statutory accounting guidance and new regulatory reporting requirements
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA required
- At least 3-5 yrs of public accountant experience
- Proven experience with statutory accounting and reporting ideally with a Property & Casualty insurance company
- 3-5 yrs of closing books
- Several years leading, directing and developing an effective team