Material Damage Appraiser
When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for material damage appraiser to handle material damage claims.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Inspect, evaluate and conclude material damage claims in a prompt, fair, economical, courteous and professional manner.
- Establish positive public relations with insureds, claimants and the general public through professional conduct and appearance.
- Evaluate drivable vehicles at body shops, insurance offices or other customer designated locations.
- Evaluate non-drivable vehicles at salvage vendors, body shops and tow yards.
- Inspect vehicles under repair, reinspect vehicles as needed, and review shop/DRP/competitive estimates.
- Properly maintain all Company issued equipment and update assigned manuals.
- Provide guidance to all claims personnel on material damage claims
- Exercise authority to settle collision and OTC losses.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process of customer service, loss control, and loss adjustment cost containment.
- Stay professionally current with the insurance and repair industries.
- Maintain open and effective lines of communication with all personnel in the claims districts, agency offices, FNOL unit, and home Office personnel.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment
Do you have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent? College or vocational training a plus. Will consider equivalent work experience.
- Previous work experience and extensive knowledge of material damage?
- Experience working with repair shops, the general public, and professionals in the insurance industry?
- Previous work experience providing exposure to working with people, resolving conflicts and completing assignments under limited direction?
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors?
- In-depth knowledge in the proper handling of all lines of material damage claims?
- Emotional maturity and demonstrated patience/understanding due to heavy customer contact?