Manager of Systems Development
When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives.
On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve. If you are interested in making a difference in a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
The Manager of Systems Development directs the work of a team of systems development staff and manages the team's application portfolio and vendor services. This role requires experience managing multiple projects at one time.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work directly with the business community in fostering team work. Conduct regular meetings and report progress.
- Initiate, update, and execute the application portfolio roadmap.
- Manage a diverse group of applications, technologies and staff.
- Use project management techniques and tools proficiently. Perform project management activities including project initiation and definition, including NPVs. Successfully manage issues and risks escalating when necessary.
- Serve on project governance organizations
We can offer you:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K, a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program.
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment.
Do you have:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred. Equivalent information technology experience will be considered in place of degree.
- Eight to ten years of professional experience in Information Systems technology
- A minimum of 3 years management experience
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to ensure the quality and timeliness of team deliverables working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- In depth understanding of system development lifecycle and principles
- The ability to grow and develop a large team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Critical thinking skills.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong customer service drive and orientation
- Ability to effectively communicate problems or changes of departmental policies and procedures