Manager Life Underwriting
We are looking for a Manager, Life Underwriting to manage the life underwriting department and provide training and performance management duties of the staff.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Manage underwriting services for multiple distribution channels, achieving service level standards,
- Review underwriting files of the department staff and resolve issues as necessary, adherence to guidelines as agreed upon with reinsurance and engage with reinsurance partners as needed.
- Be a key participant in our work to integrate automation into the underwriting process, with emphasis on customer experience and underwriting efficiencies.
Requirements for success:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of life insurance underwriting experience.
- Prior underwriting management experience preferred, but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of life underwriting practices, with ability to learn the Company’s underwriting processes and philosophies, insurance policy contracts and reinsurance guidelines.
- Ability to stay abreast of regulatory changes and medical advancements and their effect on mortality.
- Ability to maintain current underwriting practices while participating in building automated underwriting for the future and leading the underwriting team through the transition to an automated underwriting process.
- Interact effectively with vendors / third parties. Complete vendor inquiry audits as needed.
- Ability to effectively work with reinsurance partners on underwriting decisions, guidelines, procedures, and treaties.
- Ability to negotiate with reinsurers, vendors, field partners and others as needed.
- FLMI, FALU, or CLU courses completed for designation or being actively pursued toward completion.
We can offer you:
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment