Manager, Life New Business
We are looking for a Manager, Life New Business to oversee and direct daily activities of the teams responsible for the entire new business application process including agent and underwriting support, for multiple distribution channels, ensuring compliance with state regulations as appropriate.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Maintain service level standards by ensuring team members are adequately trained and provide continuous professional development opportunities.
- Show leadership qualities through prior team or project work with focus on a positive customer service experience.
- Hire, monitor, coach, and measure employee work performance.
- Work under pressure, meeting strict deadlines, and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Take initiative and judgment in making decisions within the scope of assigned authority; and the ability to substantiate these decisions.
- Quickly develop an in depth knowledge of state and federal insurance regulations for life insurance products.
- Maintain expenses within budgetary guidelines.
Do you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life insurance work experience in similar environment?
- Minimum 3-5 years’ business knowledge, including prior management experience?
- A Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI) designation? If not attained, are you working towards it?
- The ability to quickly develop an in depth knowledge of life products and the process of the new business application cycle?
- Exceptional computer skills and can quickly develops a thorough knowledge of company life systems?
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict management?
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment