Manager Business Support I
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices throughout 92 counties, we serve Indiana with nearly 450 agents and 1200 employees who live and work throughout the state.
As a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana, we continuously look for opportunities to enhance and grow our services. A significant piece of this focus is our technology organization which is around 200 people and growing. This group is made up of strong innovative and visionary people who have a common focus of enhancing our customer experience.
Today we’re adding new talent to our team. We need someone with solid experience leading a desktop support team. Indiana Farm Bureau has been very successful “growing our own” so if you love to learn and have passion around technology, apply below.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversees and coordinates all activities of our desktop team in order to provide reliable and timely services in support of our company’s hardware and software needs
- Assign and coach support specialists through new and routine tasks
- Track data and write reports on team objectives and metrics
- Test and update existing and new software to ensure compatibility and utility
- Monitor and maintain desktop services throughout the organization, assigning resources to ensure operations
- Oversee desktop services team, including evaluation and training
What we require:
- A high school diploma or equivalent with a related college degree preferred
- 1-3 years of management experience
- 5 years of desktop support experience
- A thorough knowledge of PC hardware and software and a working knowledge of networking and security concepts
- Ability to lead, guide, train the team and be a mentor to team members
- Demonstrated success working under pressure, meeting strict deadlines, and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Initiative and judgment in making decisions within the scope of assigned authority