We are looking for a life underwriter to evaluate and appraise life insurance applications, including review of medical history, financial background and other information pertinent to the underwriting decision.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Appropriately classify the mortality risk resulting in an application being declined, accepted, or classified as standard or substandard according to the Company’s underwriting guidelines.
- Apply underwriting concepts including medical history review, occupational hazards, financial information, insurable interest and other information necessary to making an underwriting decision.
- Learn and demonstrate proper documentation of the final decision on life insurance applications to ensure policies are issued or declined accurately, while adhering to compliance regulations
- Learn Company product portfolio, retention limits, reinsurance procedures and the Company's philosophy regarding reinsurance submissions.
- Interact with agents/producers to gather information, discuss cases or other underwriting information in a professional and effective manner.
Do you have:
- A bachelor’s degree?
- 4 years minimum of underwriting experience?
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacy policies, general anatomy and physiological familiarity and related fields?
- Completion of ALU Level Two Certificate?
- Developing knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacy policies, general anatomy and physiological familiarity and related fields.
- Willingness to complete LOMA and/or insurance related classes.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment