When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a life underwriter to evaluate and appraise life insurance applications, including review of medical history, financial background and other information pertinent to the underwriting decision.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Appropriately classify the mortality risk resulting in an application being declined, accepted, or classified as standard or substandard according to the Company’s underwriting guidelines.
- Work with a variety of internal and external partners to ensure prompt and efficient service to our customers and participate in ongoing learning and technical development.
Do you have:
- At least 4 years of underwriting experience?
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree? 2 or more years of insurance industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacy policies, general anatomy and physiological familiarity and related fields?
- The ability to apply underwriting concepts including medical history review, occupational hazards, financial information, insurable interest and other information necessary to making an underwriting decision?
- The ability to learn the Company product portfolio, retention limits, reinsurance procedures and the Company's philosophy regarding reinsurance submissions?
- The ability to learn and demonstrate proper documentation of the final decision on life insurance applications to ensure policies are issued or declined accurately, while adhering to compliance regulations?
- The willingness to complete ALU Level Two Certificate.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment