We are looking for an Actuary for our Life Actuarial team.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Build and maintain actuarial models for financial projections and analysis, pricing, and valuation, including proper model governance procedures.
- Create, summarize, validate and review financial reports. Lead development of new or updated reports as needed.
- Take a lead role in the development of new products. Lead the pricing analysis of product development.
- Lead statistical experience studies and their appropriate use in developing actuarial assumptions.
- Analyze differences between expected and actual financial results to drive understanding of underlying causes of variance.
- Manage appropriate use of databases and spreadsheets supporting actuarial models and financial reports.
- Validate results for consistency and explain deviations.
- Develops and maintains documentation of work product.
- Engage in continuing education and professional development to remain current with regulatory changes and evolving actuarial theory and practice.
- Mentor junior members of the actuarial team.
- Drive continuous improvement of the team’s and Division’s work product and processes.
- Represent department on project teams.
Requirements for Success:
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, finance, or actuarial science.
- An FSA designation (strong career ASAs will be considered).
- Working knowledge of the AXIS actuarial projection software.
- At least 10 years of experience in an actuarial role in life insurance (or equivalent).
- Strong knowledge of individual life insurance products and fixed annuities.
- Knowledge of life reinsurance.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple long-term and short- term projects.
- Willingness to obtain a thorough understanding of Company’s contracts.
- Ability to create and develop working relationships with internal and external partners to ensure prompt and efficient service.
- Proven success driving objectives under pressure and meeting strict deadlines.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment