IT Product Manager
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices throughout 92 counties, we serve Indiana with nearly 450 agents and 1200 employees who live and work throughout the state.
As a leader in auto and homeowner’s insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana, we continuously look for opportunities to enhance and grow our services. A significant piece of this focus is our technology organization which is around 200 people and growing. This group is made up of strong innovative and visionary people who have a common focus of enhancing our customer experience.
Today we’re adding an IT Product Manager to our team. We need someone who is a self starter, can problem solve, and can communicate effectively. You will work alongside some skilled technical professionals in a collaborative, innovative, and agile environment. Indiana Farm Bureau has been very successful “growing our own” so if you love to learn and have passion around technology and product management, apply below.
- Develop the roadmap and set product vision and strategy
- Gathers and prioritizes product and customer requirements
- Responsible for planning and execution of all product features
- Works closely with Business Partners, Technical Leads, Management, and Product Owners to deliver winning products
- Ensures the product aligns and supports the company’s strategy and goals
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, IT, or related field
- 5 years’ experience as a Product Manager and working with a Product Designer.
- Proven success in defining and launching excellent products and/or features
- Ability to manage and track feature requests
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, write user stories to be shared with delivery teams
- Serve as Product Owner on the scrum team to organize and prioritize work backlog and convey business value to scrum team
- 5 years’ experience working in IT space using Agile methodology and tools
- Prior experience positioning the financial and/or operational benefits associated with the proposed product and its capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership on corporate project and cross-functional teams, ensuring proper focus and direction is given to each one based on priorities. Helps assign priority levels and helps redirect resources toward the highest priorities.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings both internally and externally. Requires the ability to command attention, manage group processes; and change tactics midstream when a situation requires it.
- Strong technical acumen and problem solving skills
- Life Insurance experience is preferred but not required.