IT Audit Staff
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. We have over 450 agents and 1200 employees who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner’s insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
We’re looking for flexible and creative IT professionals, who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. We offer great opportunities to grow and gain new skills and responsibilities. In addition we provide a cool open work space, solid work-life balance and great benefits.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Auditor Specialist - Consultant to join our team. You will be involved with:
- Assessing the adequacy of controls within the Technology environment. Perform all aspects of technical audits of IT internal control practices, including, but not limited to; security, infrastructure, network, business systems, business operations and managed solutions. Act as a liaison between Auditing and Consulting Services and the Technology Division in the procurement of system related services.
- Act as a consultant for management regarding effective information technology controls. Plan and execute IT general, application, network and infrastructure internal controls reviews. Areas reviewed include, but are not limited to, architecture and configuration settings, application functionality, systems development approaches, change management procedures, system administration and support processes, network (LAN/WAN, Wireless, VPN) and technology infrastructure. Conduct pre and post implementation reviews.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting operational auditors in those aspects of their engagements that are information system oriented.
- Assesses risks associated with information systems and assists the Manager, Information Systems Auditing and the Director, Auditing and Consulting Services, in the development of the annual IS audit plan.
- Establishes engagement scopes and objectives, determines procedures to be applied and performs all phases of an engagement in accordance with the approved program, based on the assessed level of risk.
- Reviews operations of departments to verify the effectiveness of internal controls over business processes (i.e., computer operations, data library, security, systems development and maintenance, controls in operating software, selection procedures and contract negotiations).
- Reviews controls related to the administration of the network infrastructure (i.e., security, firewall, backup, monitoring, asset management, physical security, testing and disaster recovery/prevention).
- Reviews end-user computing to evaluate the adequacy of controls and assists end-users in the development of new or expanding applications
- Reviews systems projects on an ongoing basis to verify control standards have been developed and are functioning (i.e. cost/benefit, project plans, project structure, status reporting and testing).
- Represent Auditing and Consulting Services on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Analyzes Company records to determine compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison with IT business partners to ensure full understanding of business strategy, business processes, data flows, data integrity and data security.
- Requires a baccalaureate degree, preferably with a combination major/minor in computer science, information systems or a related field. Degrees in other business disciplines may be considered if other qualifications are compensatory
- Requires a minimum of 3 years IS auditing experience or the equivalent working experience in the information system profession.
- Requires the ability to assess the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risks, identifying significant exposures, analyzing transactions and other management information and detecting changes in key risk and/or control effectives. Skill in developing appropriate recommendations to address exposure
Must have varied knowledge of IT core technologies, IT operations and core business application including such areas as distributed and mainframe environment (Windows, z/OS, AS400), relational databases (DB2, Microsoft SQL), web-based applications, cloud computing, network and infrastructure technologies.
- Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information. Must work within the guidelines of the Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance audit approach
Must have a working knowledge of data analytical tools (i.e. ACL)
Prefer experience in using forensic tools such as FTK and assisting in the conducting of internal fraud investigations.
Must acquire a thorough understanding of the COMPANIES’ general philosophy and objectives, organizational structure, personnel policies, operating methods, procedures and systems.
Must fulfill responsibilities with professional proficiency as defined in the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: dd9907f5-f6ba-4944-9a2e-535ac3e4c335