Inventory Control Associate
INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. We have over 450 agents and 1200 employees who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner’s insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
We are looking for a customer focused person to join our Purchasing and Inventory Team. This position is responsible for product fulfillment which includes ensuring accuracy of incoming product and managing product flow in inventory area. Other responsibilities include receiving printed material, using proper inventory software, delivery of product throughout the building and maintaining a clean well organized inventory area.
This position is perfect for someone who’s comfortable providing excellent front line customer service to employees who may walk in or those who may call or email requests. As part of a small team, flexibility and willingness to provide back up support to other team members is a must.
- Compile and maintain a database of inventory records on product quantity, equipment, merchandise and/or supplies that are stocked onsite.
- Compare inventory records against physical count of inventory and either make proper adjustments or investigate and resolve inaccuracies.
- Prepare reports and provides recommendations for defective and unusable items
- Drive company vehicle for pickups and deliveries as needed
- Prepare items for shipping and arrange incoming freight deliveries
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior experience with third party shipping is a preference but not required
- Experience with computer systems and industry related software is needed
- Must be able to lift heavy items and stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License is a must
- Experience with Microsoft Office products i.e. Excel, Outlook