Help Desk Analyst - Part-Time
PART TIME ASSOCIATE HELP DESK ANALYST
Interested in joining a true family focused company? Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance takes work life balance to heart. Just ask any of our employees, many who have been here over 10 years. We're also an Indiana based company that has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state, we're an established leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
Our organization is evolving into new systems and processes. We need flexible and creative IT professionals, like you, who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. If you're one that likes learning and accepting new challenges, there's no shortage of development opportunities here.
We currently have an open need for a part time Help Desk Analyst. We're looking for someone who's available to work 25 - 29 hr/ week. This position is responsible for level 1 support and problem resolution for Business Support Services clients. Other functions include troubleshooting, recording and placing of service calls for all mainframe/PC/LAN/LAPTOP hardware and software in all areas of the Company, in addition to some hardware and software installations for mainframe/PC/LAN/LAPTOP equipment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles issues and situations unique to the products of Indiana Farm Bureau through our Help Desk.
- Identifies issues in software and hardware and works with other Technology Support staff to resolve them.
- Applies maintenance to company technology. Implements security controls according to Company security policies and procedures.
- Submits, updates, and tracks all issues via Help Desk management software. Assigns them to the responsible support team if further resolution is required.
- Monitors LAN/WAN/Cable facilities to ensure their continued availability. Takes necessary actions to resolve issues according to documented procedures and guidelines.
- Assists in developing and maintaining appropriate procedures and guidelines.
- Assists in the installation, move and setup of computers and equipment.
- Performs fundamental user administration. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires at least one year experience as a business support user.
- Education/training in computer troubleshooting preferred.
- Previous customer service experience and insurance knowledge preferred.
- Skilled in attentive and active listening; patience to hear people out and accurately restating the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Demonstrated multifaceted oral and written communication skills specific to creating and fostering a learning environment that focuses on customer service, training and its continuous improvement.
- Works well under pressure and meets regular reporting deadlines from all levels of management with varying workloads.
- Must be able to effectively operate computer systems to complete essential job functions.
- Ability to come up with new and unique ideas and be able to implement the necessary steps to see through from inception to completion. Easily makes connections among various unrelated sources.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by establishing and maintaining effective relationships and gaining trust and respect.
- Work independently without direct supervision and be seen as a self-starter.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality. Ability to learn new tasks quickly by grasping the essence and the underlying structure of the task at hand.
- Uses rigorous logic and method to solve difficult issues with effective solutions.
- Incumbent will be training for a period of at least 6 months not more than one year and will be expected to pursue continued formalized training.
No 3rd party resumes needed