Formed in 1934, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers insurance products for farm, auto, home, business and life. With a newly-renovated Home Office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is the largest writer of farm insurance in the state.
This is your chance to become a part of that #1 Farm Underwriting Team!
- Reviews, evaluates, rejects or accepts new business applications, change applications, and reviews from Agents for Farm policies.
- Following an interim training period, the candidate will be assigned a specific territory with the ability to cultivate a working relationship with those agents.
- Promotes philosophy and goals of Farm Underwriting department.
- Provides direction and assistance to Farm staff.
Reports directly to the Team Leader, Farm Underwriting, from whom overall direction is received. May also receive direction from the Director, P&C Underwriting.
Education: College degree preferred. Requires a High School diploma or GED equivalent. CPCU designation or AFIS certificate is a plus.
Experience: Farm background and/or prior insurance underwriting experience are preferred. Credit may be allowed for previous underwriting experience in lines other than Farm and/or a prior farming occupation.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Effective oral, written, and listening communication skills.
- The ability to make underwriting decisions on own initiative, and must be able to substantiate these decisions.
- The ability to work with and maintain confidential information, including insured's policies, credit reports, inspection reports, financial statements, and claims reports.
- The ability to work under pressure and possess good negotiation skills.
- Organization skills and have strong attention to detail.
- A valid Indiana driver's license and physical capability/mobility to travel to agency office or with Field Underwriters for essential job functions.
- The ability to effectively utilize computer systems to perform essential job functions.