We are looking for a Farm Underwriter to review, evaluate and process new business applications, policy updates and renewals for our Farm lines of business.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Evaluate the risk and exposures on Farm lines for new and existing policies to determine acceptability, coverage limits and cost.
- Work with field staff, policy holders and other stakeholders on inquiries pertaining to the process.
- Assist agents with writing and rating of farm coverage using Farm Bureau contracts and underwriting guidelines.
- Interpret any/all endorsements that could be used by our company or another company in Farm Underwriting.
- Make underwriting and coverage decisions on own initiative and must be able to document reasons for action taken if it is outside the established guidelines.
- Make audit decisions and resolve audit questions and problems.
Requirements for success:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A commitment to complete industry continuing education.
- Three years of experience underwriting of Farm owner’s insurance. Credit may be allowed for previous underwriting experience in lines other than Farm and/or background in the farming/agriculture industry.
- The ability to understand and use Bureau Manuals to apply rules and develop rates.
- Strong verbal, written and active listening communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K, a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment
- Potential to work a partial remote schedule following onboarding and training program