We are looking for a Farm Underwriter to review, evaluate and process new business applications for Farm policies.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Evaluate insurance for acceptability and appropriate pricing.
- Evaluate risks according to underwriting guidelines and experience and recommends risk improvement and/or loss control measures to achieve the appropriate rate for the risk.
- Interact with agents and other customers to gather information, discuss cases or other underwriting information in a professional and effective manner that contributes to company profit and growth goals.
- Learn and demonstrate proper documentation of the final decision on applications to ensure policies are issued or declined accurately, while adhering to compliance regulations.
- Balance and continuously improve performance in underwriting, customer service and productivity to meet Company goals.
- Learn Company product portfolio, retention limits, reinsurance procedures and the Company's philosophy regarding reinsurance submissions.
- Collaborate with underwriting team members and agents.
Do you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree?
- A farm background and experience? Preferred, not required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines?
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written correspondence and verbal communication?
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment