Fall Underwriting Internship
We are looking for an underwriting intern to accept, decline and modify requests for insurance.
Our ideal intern can:
- Learn to evaluate risks on renewal business and assist with processing endorsements to existing policies
- Communicate effectively with underwriters and agents in order to gather additional information as well as provide status or explanations
- Review information received concerning risks
- Assist underwriting staff in resolving problems and questions
- Learn to evaluate risks according to hazards, underwriting rules and guidelines
- Recognize and recommend risk improvements and/or loss control measures.
Why Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Requirements for Success:
- Pursuing a four-year college degree in an insurance or related major or minor?
- Interested in Property and Casualty insurance?
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors?
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing?
- Able to practice a high level of confidentiality?
- Willing to gain a working knowledge of PC applications including Microsoft Office products?
- Able to maintain established performance standards of accuracy and quality? Volume, timeliness, and accuracy of work must meet Company goals.