Corporate Records Specialist
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has been protecting Hoosiers for over 80 years. We have grown to include insurance products for home, auto, life, business and farm. We are committed to sharing our success with the communities we serve and support our members by being the premier provider of insurance and financial products.
Our success is ongoing and we’re looking for those who will help us build the infrastructure for the next generation at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. Our organization is evolving; culturally, physically and technologically. With our new open workspace and technology transformation, we're looking for an experienced Corporate Records Specialist to join our team.
This is a full time position with our Document and Imaging group. The position is located at our home office and follows our normal business hours. Primary focus of this role is the management and daily operation of our storage and retention procedures. We need someone with solid customer service and interaction skills as ad hoc requests will occur frequently.
- Provide accurate and efficient service to all areas of the company as it pertains to storage, retention and destruction of company records.
- Retrieve all media types and convert to appropriate format that meets compliance and the needs of the customer.
- Maintain off-site storage facility operations and communicates regular issues pertaining to recalls, retention and destruction.
- Ensures retention schedule is followed at the beginning of each new year.
- Manage various project work with regards to scanning and filing of corporate documents and records as directed.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two (2) years of work experience in office setting
- Experience with Microsoft Office products - Excel, Outlook, Word
- Prior experience with COMfiche and microfiche is highly preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Prior experience working with confidential information is preferred.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and ability to shift directions quickly
- Must be a team player, able to work without supervision and have great organizational skills.
- Must have the capability/ mobility to frequently lift file boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.