Console & Print Operator
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance serves Hoosiers with nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
Our employees are flexible and creative professionals who are passionate about supporting their colleagues and their community. If you’re looking for a stable organization where career advancement and work life balance are well supported, consider making your next move to Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance!
- Operates systems by means of consoles & printers
- Monitors console messages and takes appropriate action as generated by System Developers or Mainframe messages
- Operates digital printing equipment and Bindery Equipment
- Maintains and identifies computer systems, program malfunctions and documentation errors, and initiates corrective action to maintain schedules and ensure integrity of production files
- Sets-up and operates all Printers, reads and interprets specifications, work orders, or network printing specifications, scan or import digital artwork
Minimum Knowledge and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, trade school or college training in Information Systems concepts is preferred
- 2 years of previous experience as a Computer Operator is preferred
- Requires current knowledge of computer operating procedures and standards, as well as familiarity with PC usage
- Requires incumbent to be able to work and adjust schedules during fluctuating periods of work pressure and in meeting established deadlines
- Requires incumbent to maintain current knowledge sufficient to allow operator to function in a multisystem environment
- Must be a positive influence in establishing, developing, and maintaining professional working relationships with internal and external customers using effective verbal, written and listening communication skills