When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a commercial underwriter to evaluate new business, change requests and renewals for acceptability and appropriate pricing.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Evaluate each risk based on the facts presented and communicate with Agency on any additional information needed.
- Analyze coverages determining what premium charge should be made for the risk.
- Make independent judgments and decisions involving the underwriting of all policies.
- Determine if a credit report, inspection or Bureau Rating is needed on a policy.
- Give technical advice and assistance to Agents, Field Specialists, Commercial Service Representatives and insured’s.
- Document file on action taken and reasoning behind decisions. Responsible for meeting all production/performance requirements set forth by Management.
- Review all policies during midterm and at renewal to determine if coverage should be continued or changed and whether the premium is adequate.
- Analyze loss history, insured's financial conditions and environment of risk using payment history, audits, MVRs, credit reports, inspections, Bureau Rating and other underwriting information while making the evaluation.
- Determine if policies due for renewal require Field Specialist review. Decide what changes, including pricing, need to be made to the policy.
- Respond to written or telephone requests from Agents, Agency Managers, Customer Service Representatives, Field Specialists, Claims personnel, mortgage companies, loss payables, other insurance companies and policyholders regarding coverages, quotes, rating, classifications, cancellations, rejections and billings.
- Assist Agency Field personnel and Field Specialists in the writing and the rating of Commercial coverages, using in-depth knowledge of Commercial contracts, underwriting guidelines, and rating systems.
- Determine if reinsurance is needed on risks falling outside of the Company's Reinsurance Treaties.
Do you have:
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent? College degree preferred, but not required.
- Require a minimum of 3-5 year’s experience in underwriting all lines of Commercial insurance? Credit may be allowed for previous underwriting experience in lines other than Commercial.
- The ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet regular reporting deadlines from all levels of management with varying workloads?
- The ability to make underwriting decisions on own initiative? Must be able to substantiate these decisions, as well as the ability to answer underwriting and contract interpretation questions.
- The ability to work with and maintain confidential information, including insured's policies, credit reports, inspection reports, financial statements and claims reports, which must be maintained?
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment