Commercial Field Underwriter
We are looking for a Commercial Field Underwriter to accept, decline and/or modify offerings submitted by producers.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Evaluate risks according to location, physical and moral hazards, underwriting precedent and experience.
- Check information received concerning risks, inspection reports, credit reports, producers advises, etc.
- Review all correspondence, daily reports, endorsements, inspection and credit reports and publications pertaining to responsibility.
- Serve as a consultant to production, rating, and claims adjusting personnel, as required.
- Submit complex, unusual risk, and risks exceeding personal and underwriting authority to senior underwriter or supervisor for approval.
- Maintains frequent visit schedule with all assigned agents.
- Develop and train Agents on all Commercial products as well as update training for all changes.
- Monitor agency growth, profitability and quality of submissions and keep agent up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
- Obtain and maintain FAA 107 Pilots license and uses Company provided Drone for use in inspection process.
- Travel daily as needed. Some days will require heavy driving.
Requirements for success:
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- 4 years Business related or insurance experience.
- Basic knowledge of rating system, insurance contracts, claims and underwriting rules.
- Ability to make decisions within guidelines and escalate when necessary.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to stay current with corporate, industry, and commercial changes.
- Requires familiarity with commercial contracts, construction basics, manufacturing processes, and end uses of products.
We can offer you:
- A company car for this position.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K, a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment
- Potential to work a partial remote schedule following onboarding and training program