Business Continuity Coordinator
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. We have over 450 agents and 1200 employees who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner’s insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
We’re looking for flexible and creative IT professionals, who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. We offer great opportunities to grow and gain new skills and responsibilities. In addition we provide a cool open workspace, solid work-life balance and great benefits.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Business Continuity Coordinator to join our team. This position requires excellent communication and interaction skills with all layers of the business in order to provide training and guidance on Business Continuity Planning for the entire organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the design, development, maintenance, and exercising (test) of disaster recovery plans for each critical functional area and the entire organization. Work with disaster recovery plans of other company affiliates such as Incorporated and Rural as needed.
- Assure that recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key corporate resources and for the resumption of critical business processes.
- Ensure compliance with various BCP processes.
- Perform business risk assessments and impact analyses and assist company units in determining critical business processes. Assist in identifying acceptable recovery time periods.
- Coordinate strategy selection and plan development.
- Assist recovery support and business resumption staff during an actual disaster in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies. Act as a coordinator during an emergency situation.
- Work with management to ensure that as new equipment, facilities, services, and systems are installed, that the disaster recovery issues are addressed. Maintain contact with outside organizations partnering with organization in business continuity planning.
- Oversee and administrate the Business Continuity management software and Emergency Notification System (ENS).
- Prepare and maintain information retention and disposition schedules as part of the overall business continuity/disaster recovery process.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with high preference for college degree in business or other related field.
- Must have at least 4 yrs of experience functioning as Business Continuity Planner or Disaster Recovery Planner
- High preference for certifications in CBCP or an Associate Disaster Recover Planner accreditation.
- Ability to quickly learn how our organization uses it's recorded information assets and the importance of information retention and disposition program.
- Requires ability to work with confidential information with strong attention to detail and accuracy.