Business Continuity Coordinator
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. We have over 450 agents and 1200 employees who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner’s insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
We’re looking for flexible and creative IT professionals, who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. We offer excellent opportunities to grow and gain new skills and responsibilities. In addition, we provide a fresh open work space, real work-life balance, and excellent benefits.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Continuity Coordinator to join our team. This position requires excellent communication and interaction skills with all layers of the business to provide training and guidance on Business Continuity Planning for the entire organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the design, development, maintenance, and exercising of disaster recovery plans for each critical functional area and the entire organization.
- Perform business impact assessments and assist company units in determining essential business processes.
- Coordinate strategy selection and plan development.
- Act as a coordinator during a significant incident, disaster, or emergency.
- Work with management to ensure that as new equipment, facilities, services, and systems are installed, the disaster recovery issues are addressed.
- Use and maintain the company Emergency Notification System for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Perform root cause analysis and lead after action reviews.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with a high preference for a college degree in business or other related fields.
- Must have at least 4 yrs of experience functioning as Business Continuity Planner or Disaster Recovery Planner
- High preference for certifications in CBCP or an Associate Disaster Recover Planner accreditation.
- Ability to quickly learn how our organization uses it’s recorded information assets and the importance of information retention and disposition program.
- Requires the ability to work with confidential information with strong attention to detail and accuracy.