We are looking for a brokerage underwriter to provide guidance and support to Indiana Farm Bureau Agents and Underwriters with placing new and renewal business and quotes unavailable through Farm Bureau.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Review applications for completeness, accuracy, and eligibility to determine the appropriate writing company for risk placement.
- Bind and process new and renewal business with approved writing companies.
- Assist agents with direct access to carrier and broker sites/systems.
- Actively monitor and tracks quote and binding activity through completion.
- Develop the ability to interact with agents/producers to gather information, discuss cases or other underwriting information in a professional and effective manner.
- Understand task prioritization and workflows.
- Interact with a variety of internal and external partners to ensure prompt and efficient service to our customers.
Requirements for success:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Requires 2 or more years of insurance industry experience.
- Ability to learn brokerage product portfolio.
- Willingness to participate in self-study underwriting development program.
- Willingness to complete insurance related classes.
- Ability to set own priorities
- Exercise initiative and judgment in making decisions within the scope of assigned authority; and able to substantiate these decisions.