Brokerage Multi-Line Underwriter
We are looking for a Brokerage Multi-Line Underwriter to provide guidance and support to agents and underwriters with placing new, renewal business and quotes unavailable through Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance (IFBI). Primary focus will be on Life, Health, and Disability lines of business with the balance of time working on a variety of Personal Lines accounts and policies.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Review applications for completeness, accuracy, and eligibility to determine the appropriate writing company for risk placement.
- Bind and process new and renewal business with Rural approved writing companies in order to retain and gain households in which IFBI is otherwise unable to insure, whether it be for lack of specific product needed to fill the client's needs or client/risk does not meet IFBI underwriting guidelines.
Do you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the insurance industry?
- 2 or more years of insurance industry experienced in life, health, and/or disability markets?
- The ability to learn Rural product portfolio?
- Willingness to participate in self-study underwriting development program?
- The ability to interact with agents/producers to gather information, discuss cases or other underwriting information in a professional and effective manner?
- The ability to interact with a variety of internal and external partners to ensure prompt and efficient service to our customers?
- Willingness to complete insurance related classes?
We can offer you:
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment