Brokerage Commercial Lines Underwriter
When most people search for a job, they are looking for an opportunity to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible. You will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities we’re involved in, you will know you’re making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a Brokerage Commercial Lines Underwriter to provide guidance and support to Indiana Farm Bureau Agents and Commercial Underwriters with placing new and renewal business.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Place new business, renewal business, and quotes unavailable through Farm Bureau
- Review applications for completeness, accuracy, and eligibility to determine the appropriate writing company for risk placement.
- Bind and process new and renewal business with Rural approved writing companies.
- Develop the ability to interact with agents/producers to gather information, discuss cases or other underwriting information in a professional and effective manner.
- Interact with a variety of internal and external partners to ensure prompt and efficient service to our customers.
Do you have:
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalent?
- At least 2 years of underwriting experience?
- 2 or more years of insurance industry experience?
- The ability to learn our product portfolio?
- The willingness to complete insurance related classes.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment