Auto Damage Inside Appraiser
When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for an office Auto Damage Inside Appraiser to inspect, evaluate, and conclude material damage claims.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Under minimum direction, inspects, evaluates, and concludes material damage claims in a prompt, fair, economical, courteous and professional manner.
- Work to establish positive public relations with insureds, claimants, Customer Select shops, and the general public through professional conduct and appearance.
- Learn to evaluate drivable vehicles by appointment at body shops and insurance offices.
- Evaluate non-drivable vehicles at salvage vendor locations.
- Review and evaluate shop/DRP/competitive estimates for proper use of parts related to the damage.
- Work with other claims personnel on material damage claims, to settle collision and OTC losses with insureds/claimants.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process of customer service, loss control, and loss adjustment cost containment.
Do you have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent? College or vocational training a plus. Will consider equivalent work experience.
- Previous work experience with material damage, working with repair shops, the general public, and professionals in the insurance industry?
- The skill to project the professional and proper image and philosophy in dealing with people and maintain appropriate confidentiality/discretion?
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors?
- In-depth knowledge in the proper handling of all lines of material damage claims and effectively communicates this knowledge to others?
- The ability to work in frequent stressful situations and adverse conditions and to meet established, as well as unexpected deadlines?
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment