We are looking for an Associate Actuary for our Life Actuarial team.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Build and maintain actuarial models for financial projections and analysis, pricing, and valuation, including proper model governance procedures.
- Create, summarize, validate and review financial reports. Lead development of new or updated reports as needed.
- Participate in the development of new products. Lead the pricing analysis of product development
- Lead statistical experience studies and their appropriate use in developing actuarial assumptions.
- Analyze differences between expected and actual financial results to drive understanding of underlying causes of variance.
- Manage appropriate use of databases and spreadsheets supporting actuarial models and financial reports.
- Validate results for consistency and explain deviations.
- Develops and maintains documentation of work product.
- Engage in continuing education and professional development to remain current with regulatory changes and evolving actuarial theory and practice.
- Represent department on project teams.
Do you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, finance, or actuarial science?
- An ASA designation and working towards FSA?
- At least 7 years of experience in an actuarial role in life insurance or equivalent?
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills?
- Ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple long-term and short- term projects?
- Willingness to obtain a thorough understanding of Company’s contracts?
- Ability to create and develop working relationships with internal and external partners to ensure prompt and efficient service.
- Proven success working under pressure and meeting strict deadlines?
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment