AS400 (iSeries) Administrator
When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced AS400 Administrator with z/OS systems development background to contribute in the analysis of software and install/test/implement selected software. This position will conduct software maintenance and tuning, and propose appropriate standards. In addition, this role will provide technical development assistance, error analysis and correction support to applications and operations personnel.
We can offer you:
- A leading Indiana based insurance company
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
The ideal candidate can:
- In an AS400 environment
- Maintain current PTF levels on the AS400 (iSeries) operating system.
- Install new versions of the AS400 Operating system.
- Troubleshoot issues with the AS400 infrastructure (Connectivity, Storage, Security, etc.)
- In an IBM Mainframe environment
- Install and maintain IBM Software products and 3rd party products (i.e. Computer Associates, Compuware, and BMC Software’s).
- Troubleshoot issues with the mainframe infrastructure (Connectivity, Storage, Security, etc.)
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Several years experience functioning as an AS400 Administrator
- Solid experience with z/OS systems development and AS400 design, programming and maintenance of communications software and establishment of software standards.
- Experience with file structure and design, date base and/or date communications concepts, communications systems programming and access methods, advanced coding technique, and current system architecture.