Application Architect / Technical Lead
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance serves Hoosiers with nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state. We’re a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
We need flexible and creative security professionals who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. Currently we're looking for an Application Architect.
This hands-on Application Architect (or Tech Lead) will architect and build a new agent facing application using the latest technologies. You will be part of an agile team and work on a large multi-year developmental project right from the initiation. You must be well versed in application development, experienced with designing web applications and be able to make architecture decisions. You will need to do hands on development as well as mentor other Java developers.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity that will directly impact our agents who are critical to our success.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Providing solutions, integrating processes and evaluating potential risks
- Involvement with every step of the software application development process
- Conducting analysis on client's problems and providing solutions when needed
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 10 years of full cycle development experience with Java
- At least 3 years of Technical Lead experience managing the build and delivery of IT projects
- Several years experience leading complex client/server or web integration development projects
- Experience with the following
- Springboot, Spring, Jenkins, Maven, Rest API, App Servers, OSGi containers, Swagger, Camel, ActiveMQ, API Management
- Angular 7 and higher, Angular Material, Ionic, Responsive Web Design, Progressive Web apps, Google Analytics
- SQL Server (or other databases)
- Expert in Design Patterns, Test Driven development, Event Driven Architecture, Enterprise Integration patterns
- Proven experience on mentoring junior developers
- Ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communicate effectively