Team Lead Help Desk
Team Lead Help Desk
As Team Lead over Help Desk Support, you'll have a small team of experienced technical support people. This position is highly focused on overseeing and directing all the activities concerning the Technology Help Desk which includes developing and enforcing procedures, establishing metrics and ensure timely response time to technology issues and services. This role will also develop and participate in team projects that enhance the quality of the service provided by the Technology Help Desk Some additional responsibilities include:
Leads the Technology Help Desk Team
- Provides level one and some level two support to all company locations and personnel
- Ensures sufficient after hours and weekend on call support.
- Some travel and after-hours/weekend work may be required
- Participates in the Production Change Control board meetings
- Submits, updates and tracks all problems via Help Desk management software.
- Participates in major technology projects and/or testing new hardware/software as directed
- Oversees back up support for other Technology Division peers when coverage is needed
- Assists the Information Security Department in Computer Security Incident Response
- Understands security policies or standards set by the company,
SUPERVISION OR MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the daily activities of department by delegating responsibilities among staff to provide excellent customer service to management and employees throughout the Company.
- Provides direction and development opportunities and manages the functions, workflow and scheduling of staff.
- Develops policies and procedures so that all members of the department properly understand them.
- Reviews procedures for proper and efficient use of employees and resources.
- Oversees the training and development of department personnel.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with related college degree highly preferred
- Must have 3-5 yrs of user support, help desk experience or, 2 yrs of experience associated with job related certification
- Proven experience with Microsoft Windows, Office, Exchange/Outlook and client/server application support
- Must have Microsoft Active Directory, LAN/WAN experience and knowledge of mainframe systems
- Highly prefer prior experience in the insurance industry
- Experience with networking and security concepts