Check out this great opportunity.... We're an Indiana based company that's been around for over 80 yrs. Our location is downtown and a walk-able distance to many great events and gathering spaces. We are well embedded into our community and have contributed to many successful programs. You can work out in our free fitness center and then head over to our onsite cafe or coffee shop. Work life balance is well supported here so you can still have time to yourself / family after work.
This is Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance and we're always looking for great talent. We have a full time opportunity for a Server Support / SystemAdministrator to provide maintenance, support and administration of our server environment. This position also gives someone the opportunity to provide second-level software and hardware technical support as needed.
- Performs planning, building, implementation, maintenance and support tasks, primarily related to the corporate printing environment.
- Assists in testing and configuring applications on Windows platforms. Understands web-based applications and their associated infrastructure.
- Responds to the needs and questions of users regarding their access to network resources and applications.
- Understands Active Directory and components like Group Policy Objects, DNS, DHCP, WINS, service pack/hotfix deployment, etc.
- Performs general monitoring and administering of servers and software. This includes performance monitoring, reviewing server logs, and managing resource usage.
- Documents processes and procedures. Writes Standards and Guidelines documents for non-technical users.
- Has a working knowledge of server and storage virtualization and resource sharing.
- Demonstrates a mature and experienced attitude toward administering the server environment. Makes sound judgments based upon comparisons and interpretations.
- Participates in briefings and discussions with inter-discipline technical staff members to discuss issues, planning, and strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a system administration role, which includes experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and/or 2016.
- Prior experience with Windows Server, application support processes, server and storage infrastructure, and virtualization technologies.
- Requires the establishment of effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, end-users, and vendors.
Be sure to check out our careers page: email@example.com.