Sr. Web Developer
Sr. Web Developer
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is doing some great things!!! We're adding new products and solutions to provide better customer service and support. In addition we're also a family focused company that values what our employees bring to the table every day. Come and take a walk downtown, join a fitness class at our free onsite fitness center or become involved in one of many community projects we support. We also offer a wellness program, free parking and great benefits which include access to medical clinics that are located downtown, and north of Indianapolis.
If you're interested in Indiana Farm Bureau, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Java developer. We're looking for someone who has built object oriented, multi-tiered applications. Other responsibilities include documentation, development of test plans and test data, staying abreast of new technologies and industry best practices, and mentoring of development team-mates.
This position iworks closely with the business in an agile space to develop and maintain several applications supporting our Life Insurance business. The environment is fast paced and collaborative.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Four years of relevant IT experience with recent experience in Java web development using open source ecosystem.
- Working knowledge of JDBC, SQL
- Strong background in Object Oriented programming techniques and design skills.
- RESTful API server/client development.
- Experience with Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, SQL and other Open Source Tools (Git, MySQL, JUnit).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with mainframe / COBOL is a plus
- Experience with Life Insurance industry or e-commerce applications are a plus
- Some experience working in a Scrum or other Agile environment is a plus