Sr. Programmer Analyst
Sr. Programmer Analyst
POSITION SUMMARY: Senior-level position that will support our Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment. Person must have proven experience working across multiple technical groups and technologies. Additionally, person must be experienced working with the end user to determine optimal system configurations to meet business need.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the internal clients to clarify requirements, performs general and detailed design, develops specific elements of documentation to support the design effort, develops programs, prepares test plans and test data, conducts tests and verifies test results.
- Assists project managers on medium projects or may lead small projects with minimal supervision.
- Develops specific elements of documentation to support project activities, provides estimates, target dates, resource requirements and test plans, monitoring their progress and reporting the status of the project to management as required.
- Completes maintenance and troubleshooting functions on systems in production. This includes off-hours support
- Investigates requested maintenance activity to determine feasibility and impact on existing systems.
- Programs new modules or change existing modules, and develops documentation needed to support the operational system.
- Makes estimates and sets target date(s) for implementation with the assistance of the Project Manager.
- Reports time on projects, status information to Web Development Manager and client.
- Records statistics to measure quality and quantity of work.
- Provides technical assistance to other members in the team.
- Stay current on industry trends systems, learn and explore new systems or maintenance to existing systems as appropriate.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Technology, Computer Science or equivalent solid experience in e-commerce, web and client/server development, maintenance and support.
- Must have 5 years of relevant IT experience in all phases of project lifecycle, including analysis, design, development, and testing techniques.
- Must have experience using MS Dynamics; would prefer expert-level knowledge.
- Knowledge of Click Dimensions a plus.
- Must have experience and working knowledge with the following: MS Dynamics configuration and customization; C# programming language.
- Requires thorough knowledge of working with relational database (e.g. SQL-Server and DB2 database).
- Should be able to create stored procedures and assist DBA for logical database design.
- Experience within the insurance industry applications or other CRM systems is a plus.