Software Build Engineer
Software Build Engineer
SOFTWARE BUILD ENGINEER
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has protected fellow Hoosiers for more than 80 years. With a home office in downtown Indianapolis and local offices in all 92 counties, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance serves Hoosiers with nearly 450 agents and 1,200 employees, who live and work throughout the state. Our company is a leader in auto and homeowner's insurance and is the largest writer of farm insurance in Indiana.
Help us build the infrastructure for the next generation at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. Our organization is evolving into new systems and processes. We need flexible and creative IT professionals, like you, who are passionate about supporting their colleagues while contributing to a new way of doing things. There is no shortage of opportunity to develop yourself and gain new skills and responsibility here. We offer a great place to work, solid work-life balance and great benefits.
Currently we have a need for a Software Build Engineer. This position is responsible for developing automation for build-test-deploy pipeline for continuous delivery of software products to all targeted platforms. We’re looking for those who have solid server background in addition to mainframe experience. CA Endevor Admin experience is highly preferred.
You will be responsible for:
- Recommending, developing and maintaining tools and processes for migrating code from development into QA and production
- Owning the functions of maintaining and updating scripts and processes as technology evolves
- Setting up continuous integration, continuous deployment framework mechanisms
- Provide infrastructure support for tracking tools (i.e. Jira), Integration tools (Jenkins) and monitoring tools.
- Collaborate with and educate Development and QA staff on CI concepts and effective use of tool suite.
- Documenting processes and establishing common practices for consistency among groups.
- 3+ years of experience with software development and continuous integration
- Experience with mainframe (i.e.Cobol, CICS, JCL) programming is a must
- High preference for CA Endevor Admin experience
- Solid experience with server runtime (Tomcat, Windows, IIS) is required.
- Knowledge of some or all of the following is desirable but not required: C / C # / C++, VB, XML, JSP/HTML Angular JS (Gulp), Bower NPM, Web Services, TCPIP, WebSphere, Git (Stash), Maven, Docker.
- Proven experience working in a team environment and ability to work independently.
- Strong technical skills and initiative is a must.
- Must be an Expert in automating Build Management and Release engineering processes (e.g. GitFlow (Stash), Jenkins cluster environment, Jenkins Plugins, Automated Test Framework).
No 3rd party resumes needed at this time #DI